Lutheran Island Camp and Retreat Center operates year round in west central Minnesota at Henning. We are looking for a head cook who will be able to take us to the next level of nutrition services. While the position is an hourly part time position currently, the right person will be able to develop this position into a full time position. We are looking for someone who has energy, knowledge of food and food preparation, the ability to lead a team of co-workers to provide at least three meals a day, and a desire to see our organization have a reputation of providing the best food around.
The salary will range from $13 to $17 per hour with number of hours negotiated. This job does involve most weekends throughout the months of September through May and is full time during June, July and most of August. Benefits can be discussed as a part of the interview.
· Member of Lutheran Church Missouri Synod preferred.
· At least 2 years successful experience in a similar position or graduate of cooking program.
· Graduate of commercial cooking program preferred.
· Certified or able to be certified as a Food Manager.
· Passion for food and food preparation.
· A sense of style and creativity.
· Team leader.
· Organizational skills.
· Understanding of nutritional needs, diets, allergies, and trends for children.
Duties: A more detailed job description will be provided as a part of the interview process.
· Planning, ordering and cooking food for groups ranging from 5 to 250.
· Maintaining a safe, clean cooking and storage environment.
· Supervising up to 5 additional helpers.
· Working as a member of the team in providing quality camping experiences for youth, families, and groups.
Click here to download an application form