Lutheran Island Camp is taking applications for the opportunity blow. See job descriptions below.
Responsible to: Operations Director
Responsible for the annual written evaluation of all summer staff and volunteers that served under the Property Coordinator. Evaluations to be turned into the Director.
Responsible for the adherence to current safety policies that will ensure the safety and comfort of all guests arriving at camp, staying at the camp, and departing from camp.
Develop and maintain positive working relationships with summer staff and volunteers. Welcome guests warmly and offer assistance when appropriate.
Report property evaluations and suggestions for improvements needed to maintain all areas related to management for all Lutheran Island Camp properties.
Annually develop and update a long-range plan of maintenance projects on camp properties. This plan should reflect the future growth of the camp.
Provide assistance in projecting costs for maintenance projects in the coming fiscal year, work with the Finance Coordinator to determine a budget, and work to stay within budget.
Develop a close working relationship with all department coordinators keeping abreast of their needs and concerns.
Meet regularly with the Executive Director with updates, set goals, and evaluate all areas of property maintenance.
Inform staff of all interrelated operations
Be directly responsible for:
a) Forest Management,
b) All local, state, and federal regulations, laws, forms, and contracts relating to maintenance, job descriptions and volunteer help.
c) Trash and garbage contracts and agreements.
d) The care, comfort, training, and work schedule of volunteers.
11. Responsible for adding, deleting, updating insurance policies and licenses on vehicles, trailers, and buildings.
12. Responsible for property landscaping.
13. Responsible for grading of property roads.
14. Responsible for scheduling and performing all maintenance and preventive maintenance on the property. This
includes all buildings on Lutheran Island Camp properties.
15. Responsible for trash collection on the property and hauling to approved holding or disposal areas.
16. Responsible for the mowing, trimming, and neat appearance of lawns.
17. Responsible for keeping property signs current and neat in appearance.
18. Responsible for the safe and neat appearance of all work areas and storage areas.
19. Responsible for keeping camp vehicles maintained and tools clean and in good repair.
20. Responsible for keeping sidewalks in good repair, shoveled and deiced in front of the main buildings and
roadways to the main office and staff housing.
21. Maintain and improve all trails, bridges, signs, and campsites.
22. other duties as assigned!
(On site housing)